Friday, December 15, 2006

Celebrations

Where it happened 12.06


It's hard not to be affected by the Xmas mood. Even our newsroom has an artificial tree decked out in red holly and lights.

Work has been a little manic this week so I haven't really been able to sit down and think about what all this means. A home, a fiance, a partner for life. Man, I have a friggin' fiance. It's overwhelming, innit? I mean, I've had some sort of fuzzy notion of our being together for a very long time, but tis' summink else altogether, rite?

In any case, we have decided that the wedding - or preparations for it - is not going to take over and become our lives. There's always a danger of that. We are not going to have a dinner banquet. All we want is a simple solemnisation party with friends and our immediate families, followed by a luncheon for relatives. I'm not one of them frazzled brides. I just don't understand it. I'm not even going to be wearing a fancy gown. I already know what I'll be wearing.
And that's just fine by me. :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you, have the wedding you want, not the wedding other people expect. I'm sure it'll be memorable.

12/20/2006 12:01 PM  
Blogger Jean.Chua said...

what's a good theme for a party?

12/22/2006 3:54 AM  
Blogger Jean.Chua said...

Thank you! and where have you been??!

12/26/2006 1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home