Wednesday, February 23, 2005

No, thanks

In a certain world - which twisted one, I don't know - I am supposed to resemble a colleague who used to read news for the paper's TV station.

It happened on my first day of work in June last year. One of the very first things I was told was "You look like XXXX", to which I said, "Do I?"

The same scene was replayed intermittently throughout last year and I thought people have got over the novelty and got into their heads that no, XXXX and I don't look alike.

So it was with much amusement - and chagrin - that I turned down a couple of hours ago a request from the company's news magazine for a story about mistaken identities. The folks who run the mag want to feature the two of us in a "cute" story and asked for a photo of us together.

In an alternate world, I might have said yes, I might even have been happy to do it. But I'm not in that world, and I'm not entirely comfortable with bringing attention to myself.

I don't need this sort of scrutiny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home