Saturday, August 27, 2005

Pain vs fun

After packing in what seems like three days' worth of work during the day, I promptly fell sick at about 9pm.

At about 9pm, my neck, shoulders and upper arms started aching and I don't think the pain was due to the previous day's session at the gym. I also got a bad headache, and I don't get headaches. I just couldn't stare at the computer screen anymore but the paper had a big hole that had to be filled.

So I gamely filled the hole but was so exhausted and sickly by the time I submitted the last story that I just couldn't drag my carcass to meet the girls at Club Street.

That was such a bummer coz it's getting harder and harder to meet up now that all of them are married and all of us are busy with work and other commitments.

So I decided to go home, which turned out to be a good thing coz I was totally sick by then and had to chuck down a couple of Panadols before collapsing into bed.

I felt the better for it by morning.

Lesson - sometimes you have to forgo one night of fun in order to last the mile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home