Monday, October 09, 2006

Change is good

I don't think I am the melancholy sort. Not usually, anyway. But I've been thinking a lot about my life lately. I think it has something to do with the birthday.

Most of the time though, I am just restless and can't stand being the same or doing the same things for a long time.

So now that I am 30, I've decided to STOP doing a bunch of stuff that hadn't really been good for me.

  • Wear heels. Damn those freaking blisters.
  • Read or buy fashion magazines.
  • Be bitchy about things, mostly people.
  • Listen to people bitch about other people.
  • Spend $5 on coffee.
  • Drink coffee.
  • Compare myself to that girl who works downstairs.
  • Not cut my hair.
  • Put up with crapshit behaviour, especially rudeness and childishness.
  • Do something just cos someone says I must try it.

I'm sure I'll come up with more, but this will do for now.

I also have a list of stuff that I'll start doing. Why? Because I say so.

  • Listen to more jazz. None of that Norah Jones crap.
  • Spend more time with the dog.
  • Own fewer things.
  • What I own, I must LOVE.
  • Live without clutter. Related to point 3 and 4.
  • Help animals and women.
  • Use my brain first.
  • Practise consistency.
  • Eat more.
  • Pray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home