Friday, March 11, 2005

Haaaa? Party ah?

You know you've grown up, or at least grown older, when the prospect of a long night of free-flow booze just doesn't sound very appealing anymore.

And it wasn't. Very appealing at all. I felt more comfortable over supper at the hotel restaurant, chatting to someone I don't usually talk to about life and love.

It's moments like these that I look for. The instant this new person, or maybe someone you've known for years but take for granted, shows you a side of him or herself that you didn't know exists. Of course, everyone of us are more than one-dimensional creatures and all of us put on a work-face, family-face, old friends-face...but when it happened last night, it made me realise how dangerous it is to look at things just on the surface.

But I think I've also given some people the benefit of the doubt, but in a couple of instances, they just end up disappointing or validating your preconceived ideas of them. And you realise there's a lot to be said for gut feelings.

Is it about timing? really. I don't wanna sound all Carrie Bradshaw...but is it all about timing?

Training last night - 30 mins, 4.5 km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home