Monday, March 07, 2005

I don't get it anymore

The buzz from my weekend and plans to train for Kinabalu in the evening evaporated the second I was told at 6pm that I have to do a 8pm conference call with a bunch of lawyers for a story I know nothing about. Just coz the reporters following the story couldn't make it.

And this was when I was rushing to finish my mid-week column...AFTER finishing a 100cm industry focus story earlier in the afternoon.

Is it normal to not leave the office until 9pm on most nights?
For the first time in weeks, I was hoping to leave at 7pm and see the sun before it sets.
Is it normal to write an average of 2 to 3 stories a day, when other people at other papers don't?
What's wrong with this picture?
Is it wrong to want a life outside the office on weekdays too?

Or am I just spoilt?

2 Comments:

Blogger La Nuage said...

I know, but that stuff is just life. It's never fair, and it can be hard to see past it I guess, but most of the time I just try to focus on what I am doing and not care about others.

3/07/2005 11:58 PM  
Blogger Jean.Chua said...

Oh it's tiring, though, sweetie...I feel so exhausted most days. Then the weekend comes and I'm fine but the cycle persists.

I shouldn't whine, though.

3/08/2005 12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home