Wednesday, March 02, 2005

A fresh start

It's been a really long day.

I walked into the office this morning knowing I have to write the editorial but something cropped up and I ended up writing that AND a possible Pg 1, which was submitted at 8.30pm.

Quietly, without any fanfare, the chief announced who the new news editor is - no surprises there - but after I filed my story, the new news ed pulled me aside and told me from tomorrow, I cover my second-choice beat, which, now that I think about it, is actually my first choice.

At the end of the day, I also resolved to do one thing which I know will keep me sane and help me survive and be strong(er) at work. No details but suffice to say that it will make everything much better from now on.

I have also had distractions. People in the background who should have remained that way. Moments of weakness. Moments of melancholy. I look back and I think about it and I swear on everything I have within me that I will NEVER, EVER put myself in that position again.

I'm tired, a little bewildered, a little excited, overwhelmed but mostly, I just can't wait for tomorrow to begin. Tomorrow will be good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home