Saturday, March 05, 2005

Happy days

This is where I have been spending my Saturday mornings.

I must say that at the beginning, it was really tough trying to get up early so that I can be there by 9am, especially after a late Friday night. But now it's a little easier and I must say that it has become one of my little windows to sanity. (It also forces me to cut down on those late Friday nights la.)

Spending time with the children - and the horses - more than calms me down, it helps me remember that there are better things to worry about and more worthwhile matters to spend my time and energy on. The simple delight that the kids have when they ride is infectious, and reminds me that I have to keep that childlike, unartful joy when doing anything.

It also reinforces my conviction that should I leave journalism, it'll be to work in the non-profit sector.

Things that made me smile today
  • Jeremy looking into my eyes and smiling for the first time after 3 weeks! He's a tough one. He's got ADD and is terribly shy so he's a tough one to crack. But yay!
  • Having coffee with an old friend in the late arvo. It's good to be reminded of how and what you were when you were merely 16. It's also good to look back and see how far you have come. Old friends keep your feet on the ground but your head in the clouds.
  • Dinner at Ubin. The food was not bad but getting away from the city was FINE and the boat trip back was lovely. The company was fun.
I don't think it takes very much to make me feel happy and contented, and that's a good thing.

Reading The Bitch In the House

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home