Friday, May 06, 2005

Colleagues

Right.

The consensus seems to be that I shouldn't live with a co-worker - even if he's not really a co-worker as he works for another paper - coz it will be too weird. It'll be funny to see a colleague (and landlord) in a "domestic" capacity, I suppose. But I have never been bothered by such things. I've never seen him in a work situation so I don't think I'll freak out seeing him in the kitchen or den or wherever feeding the cats.

That said, it's always good not to have work complicated by other arrangements, like dating a colleague, for example. I've done it and it sucked big time.

...journos have a tendency to date other journos coz
1. it takes a certain type of person to do what we do and it's therefore easy to be drawn to each other
2. we can so understand the choices the other makes and things he does
3. there's something about a news room that makes people wanna - erm, as one colleague put it - hump each other.
4. we see each other in a confined space all the time
5. we're just horny fools

On a (funny) note, a colleague from another paper messaged me via the office system the other day and told me he stumbled upon this blog. I was a little mortified, naturally, coz no one other than friends is supposed to be reading this. I got over it in 2 seconds, however, because it's bound to happen and I should just chill out.

In any case, it's Friday (yayyyy!!!) and I have a nice weekend planned, and before going to the office today, I'm going to try to get tickets to Vietnam and shop for a Mother's Day gift and collect my ipod from the service guys.

Also, I'm going to United Arab Emirates and Jordan for 7 days next weekend.


Whoopeeeee-do!!!!!


Have a good weekend, everyone!

1 Comments:

Blogger Janice said...

heylo you, haven't been here for ages, but wanted to say HEY! we still haven't met up!! anyway.. i LOVE the music on your playlist. you brought me back some memories.. esp with any lucky penny.. :)

6/05/2005 12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home