Thursday, June 02, 2005

I am well


Hit me

Mark surprised me earlier - when I bumped into him at Raffles City - by telling me that he has been reading my blog, and that maybe I should consider something other than business writing.

So I just spent the past half an hour re-reading what I've written over the past three and a half months.

This is meant to be nothing more than a log of random thoughts, plans, ideas...mostly scribbles, but scribbles I take rather seriously.

Reading certain postings reminds me of a sad, difficult - and totally unnecessary - period. I don't want to un-do what happened, but I tell myself I'll never, ever be that person again.

Other postings tell me that I should never take anything for granted, that I should be open to change and that I should always dare to have big, fat hopes for myself.

I don't always manage to do all the stuff I set out to do, but I've come to learn that it's never too late to make up new lists.

Sometimes I feel messed up; sometimes jubilant. But most of the time, I just feel pretty comfortable in my own skin.

That's my Holy Grail.

And I'm the happiest I have been in a long, long time.

I don't know if it's coz almost everything in my life is going well. I am not saying that I've got it all; the reality is far from it. But I feel sooooo fortunate, that good things are happening to me and will continue happening to me. I'm fitter and stronger than I've ever been, more able to handle the work they are giving me, I'm seeing the world, and I've found something that makes me dizzy and grounded at the same time, something that I didn't think I would ever find.

In a word, it's MAD.

And it will get better.

I can't wait...

2 Comments:

Blogger Home again said...

Yes, I agree with your friend. You should write freelance for some other lifestyle mag too. I love reading your blog. The flow of thoughts and your use of words are simple and beautiful. Keep writing these fine lines!

6/03/2005 9:01 AM  
Blogger Jean.Chua said...

Awwww that's such a sweet thing to say....=) Thanks sweetie. I love reading your blog too! It makes me feel part of your life when you are miles away!

6/03/2005 9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home