Sunday, May 08, 2005

A glorious weekend


Mother's Day 05.05

This is one of those weekends that I wish would never end.

Friday wasn't exactly the most productive day; I was supposed to finish the banking feature, but I only managed to write one story - about the prez's funeral which went on the front page on Saturday. After that, Kevin managed to convince me to get drinks with the colls coz he was going back to Australia the next day and I hadn't been out with them in a long while. Ended up at Tango's, not the most ideal spot, for drinks but still had a good laugh with interns Josephine and Liza, Eddie and his beautiful wifey Linda, Quak who's now with a bank, Daniel and Kevin.

Saturday started with a trek to Chinatown to eat frog's legs and fish porridge at Keong Siak Street. Ok, I only had the porridge coz I can't stand the idea of my meal having been skinned alive before they face a fiery death. nuh-uh. But the company was so fantastic the hot kopitiam didn't matter.

Then we went to watch Kingdom of Heaven. Alright, Orlando Bloom and Eva Green were damned hot and the movie was rather entertaining but I think that was about it. My expectations were too high, I reckon. I mean, it's a movie about the Crusades!!! And it's got Ridley Scott!

The family then went to a teppanyaki restaurant to celebrate Mother's Day and we bought a pressie for mom, which fortunately, she loooooooved. It was a last-minute purchase too! ha.

Sunday was spent with the family. Mom cooked her signature Hakka-style duck and pork and we stuffed ourselves silly. She cooks only once a week so that's really precious.

And I got Toto. I think this name is going to stick coz Andy and I have taken to calling the puppy that. I'm already frazzled from cleaning up his poo and pee, and this is only the first day. But every time he gives me that look...awwwwwwww....

CONTINUED

Met Jo for a quick beer at Gardens where we giggled over silly dog names like Mortimer, Balthazar...she agreed Tots could work. D dropped by and brought treats and a toy for Tots. (I can go on and on and gush and gush but at this point, D will remain D coz this is too precious to broadcast. I don't want this to go pear-shaped. I really don't.)

And now I am tired and need to go to bed.

Sweet dreams...

3 Comments:

Blogger TriStupe said...

my dogs name:

Whisky

Brandy(RIP)


and Murphy.

all alki name ;-)

5/10/2005 7:26 AM  
Blogger Jean.Chua said...

Great idea! I think I'll call him Whiskey!!

5/10/2005 11:20 AM  
Blogger Jean.Chua said...

What dogs do you have?? are they big ones??

5/10/2005 11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home