Sunday, October 16, 2005

He thinks he's people!


Hug me! Hug me! 10.05

Listening to: The Corrs' Talk On Corners

Whiskey is the first pup we've had in more than 10 years. So he takes a little bit of getting used to. He chews everything, licks everyone's face, bites our hands and feet, and as we have learnt, needs hugs, cuddles and kisses just like a human being does. He needs to know he is loved.

The difference is this: you can't speak to a dog and say reassuring words to make him feel better and he doesn't understand what you mean when you go "You're so cuuuuuuuuuuuuute", so you actually have to do what you mean.

In that way, I think being a dog is kinda nice. Words don't get in the way and you always know where you stand with a human being. Maybe all of us should keep dogs so we will learn the right way to treat the people in our lives; coz action does speak louder than words. You can't do anything with words.

5 Comments:

Blogger TriStupe said...

my late mongrel was also named whisky...

seeing your whiskey brought back some memories.

:)

I still have my Murphy to accompany me.

10/17/2005 3:43 AM  
Blogger jy said...

hi jeanie

wow tonnes of news huh?! when you moving to shanghai?! left shanghai last week - considering working there, then ruling that out - beijing seems prettier. if you're finicky about modernisation and hygiene, well, china's not the place for you, so how, your boyfriend going with you?

10/19/2005 7:43 AM  
Blogger please mind the gap said...

hey gal :)

i couldn't have read your blog at a more opportune time. just got home from being a doormat and a earful of nasty words. i feel like i'm ready to reincarnate as a dog right now so i can be deaf to all words unworthy of my ear.

thanks for writing

10/20/2005 2:37 PM  
Blogger Jean.Chua said...

Hello Stupe. It's always so nice to hear from you. :) What kind of dog is Murphy??? :)

10/21/2005 11:44 PM  
Blogger Jean.Chua said...

Hey JY! I'm moving there...2 weeks from Monday...November 7 is the estimated date of departure. I was a bag of nerves before, but after spending a week there, I must say I am more prepared!

Well, many Singaporeans I have spoken to in Singapore dislike Shanghai for the same reasons you mentioned. I, on the other hand, think it's one of the most interesting places to be coz it's still got that Wild West feeling and all the creature comfort sorta stuff you can possibly want. It's edgy and rowdy and messy, which makes it great!

I do agree that Beijing is prettier, more stately, the streets are wider, there seems to be fewer people coz the city is simply sprawling - precisely why I find it so unmanageable. Shanghai is like Hong Kong.

Daryl is looking at a few things at the moment...but no rush. :)

10/21/2005 11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home