Thursday, October 27, 2005

Three big words

It was exactly six months ago. I had just returned from a 7-day work thing in Hainan, China and was tired as hell. I didn't wanna be talking. I just wanted to crash.

D and I had just started hanging out again for a month before that and while we were having lots of fun and getting along wonderfully, I wasn't sure when we "officially became a couple". (We decided it was some point in the month of April. hahaha). I guess it was because we got on so well as friends and that things just happened that we felt it was almost contrived to have an official date.

So I was still really tired and grouchy the next day coz the work was piling up and he called.

D: Hello!! You're finally back! I missed you...you have no idea.
J: Aiya.
D: ...
J: Sien ah.
D: What's wrong?
J: So tired. I wanna take MC.
D: Oh. You should. You deserve it.
J: I will.
D: Ok. What time will you be free tonight? I'll come and see you.
J: I wanna sleep.
D: Uh, ok.
J: See you tomorrow or something, babe. I'm really tired.
D: Oh, alright. See you then. Rest well, sweetie.
J: Bye.
D: Bye babe. I love you.
J: *stunned silence*
Uh, right. Good night.
*click*

And that was the loser story of how and when he said The Three Words and how I reacted. I was mortified then, but now, I think it's hilarious. As for me, I didn't say the words back until a month and a half later.

But that's another story.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jean.Chua said...

I know...so sad.

10/28/2005 6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home