Monday, October 24, 2005

Shopgirl....

Who you callin' a shopaholic?

We went shopping yesterday.

I needed a new pair of trainers and a laptop bag. And he needed an orthopaedic pillow. My baby says he is getting old! Bah!

And there's quite a lot you can tell about a person when you go shopping with him/her.

Both of us, as a rule of thumb, don't shop regularly. In other words, shopping, for us, is not a past-time like it is for some people in Singapore. We don't go to town to just "walk and buy stuff"; we go to town if we need to get a book at Borders or Kinokuniya. Of course we care about how we look, but we don't obsess over what we wear, what we own, what labels the stuff we own are...you get the picture. He makes fun of my one, sole, single Prada cosmetic bag, which was incidently a gift, and he calls me his Funky Girl, not Prada Girl, which I think is funny coz I am not funky at all. I'm a weird combination of funky-girl-wannabe and prada-girl-wannabe. And he wonders why I am considering getting a $300 Mont Blanc wallet when a $30 one will do the job as well.

"But I like the colour! And it holds 8 cards, my coins and keys!"
"As long as you're happy, sweetie."

So anyways, here's what I found out - we're both sensible shoppers. We may like something very very much but unless we "totally need it", we don't buy it. We don't need 25 of the same type of shirt; if you notice, some people buy the same type of stuff all the time. We don't need retail therapy. And we're stress-free shoppers. We like to take it easy and would rather not waste time on walking the malls. We're "easily satisfied". We're laid back. We don't obsess.

I think that's cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home