Saturday, October 22, 2005

Resolution Number 1

If there's one thing that I'm embarrassed/sad that I can't do, that thing would be cooking.

It's got nothing to do with the fact that we may soon be setting up house or that I'm moving out; I've lived away from home before - with housemates, on my own. It's also got nothing to do with wanting to be a domestic goddess + power career woman. That having-it-all stuff is bollocks, delusional and leads to feelings of inadequacy and failure and defeat, and is the enemy of most women. Yes, I feel that strongly about it. I think people should just decide what they want and be happy and just do it. Of course, if being a domestic goddess + power career woman is what makes you happy, I say go for it.

I think it's the freedom.

I don't want to be in a situation where I am hungry at 5pm or 11am or 3am, and I can't eat the thing I am craving for, be it wanton noodle or stir fried beef with black bean sauce or mushroom omelette or fried rice with salted fish or whatever, like buffalo wings and blue cheese dip or tom yam koong or pad thai! Of course, I won't be able to learn how to cook everydamnthing I could possibly eat, but it's a start.

So there you go, learning to cook is my first resolution for 2005/2006. I even have the cookbooks already. And no, I don't think it's too early to think about it. After all, it's less than three months to a new year.

And both the domestic goddess and power career woman in me says it's not too late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home