Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Changes

It's been a great few days. I've been busy stuffing my face since I came back, shooting crap with the fam and spending a lot of time with Daryl. It's been really good.

Somehow, the great times and love and laughs is a wake-up call that even though I may have certain adventures and experiences overseas and see things people don't, they can't really compare with the little things here like sharing servings of char kway teow, BBQ fish, carrot cake, sambal kangkong with the loved ones. Maybe I have really changed (grown up? I donno) but as a friend put it, maybe it's a case of "been there, done that'. Perth, Sydney, Hong Kong, now Shanghai. I grew up wanting to live in different cities and to a certain extent, I've lived that dream but - here's the kicker - the thrill doesn't compare to that of finding the love of your life.

Somebody famous - I don't remember who - said "We love because it's the only true adventure."

I think he's on to something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home