Saturday, January 21, 2006

The domestication of Reverend Sugartastic

Hello...it's been a while. First of all, let me just say that I'm still bummed out that I can't read my friends' blogspot sites in China. I'm......lost! In any case...thanks for the note, Judy. Nothing I can do about it, though. sigh.

I've never been so domesticated (is that even a word?) in my life. I find myself wondering how to make my apartment here less, what's the word, Chinese. I'm going to start decorating...oh my god. I'm grateful for the chance, though. It's going to be fun! I need new curtains, pictures, throws, vases. I'm getting to be a bit of a neat freak...I use to leave my clothes lying around but as I grow older, I get more organised. I think it's got something to do with the fact that I'm making simplicity my motto. It's like ok, I know where things are...I can't live in clutter; I think the conditions you live in reflect your state of mind, don't you?

The only thing I can't stand is ironing. Lord help me.

Also, I find myself cooking more and more...and studying cookbooks more and more. Well, it's the really simple stuff for now and mostly vegetable-based coz I eat too much meat when I'm out (which is happening more and more often) and when you live alone, it's tough to cook a rack of lamb and roast potatoes?

Booze is so cheap here it's tempting to start drinking much more. A bottle of Malibu rum is S$18 at Carrefour and so vodka. How's this for a winter drink...scotch whiskey, double cream and honey mixed and served over ice...yummm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home