Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Pitter patter

The weather here has taken a turn for the wetter.

It's been raining pretty much non-stop since Sunday afternoon and the winds have gathered strength and I can't help wanting to hole up in the apartment. In fact, I've taken to working from home, sitting in front of the TV watching CCTV news on the hour - as part of work, I swear.

The past two months have been a test of endurance, for which I am grateful. I have also learned a bit more about myself, at a time when I thought I knew myself thoroughly. When you're back home, surrounded by people who can help you, you don't have to resort to your own resources...you didn't even know you had those resources or the ability to use them. Here, you constantly have to be on your toes. It's like you're bracing yourself for a fight each time you step out of the door.

*Deep breath*

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi jeanie

heard about the horrible weather, cheer up! have a great chinese new year - you better stock up for the new year, many businesses kinda no op for many days. the blog looks fine, are you saying you can post but not access? that might be the problem I was referring to, it may be gov or telcom policy to block certain blog sites

as interesting as news is, don'/t think anyone would figure you as one to watch news for fun- don't worry, your rep is safe!

1/23/2006 4:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home