Saturday, July 02, 2005

Sea change

I never thought I would start a note with such a cheesy, tacky title, but there you go.

I broke the news to the editor - that I'm accepting the offer - and I could see that he was disappointed, but he wished me all the best and offered to help in any way he can if I needed it.

So after the initial guilt that comes with letting a nice boss down - he even told my new boss: "Take good care of her." I don't think I should count on that coz the new environment will be way harsher, way tougher, way more demanding - it's slowly sinking in: I will be moving to Shanghai before the year ends, for at least three years.

I'm going because I don't want to be left wondering what I could have done with it.
I said yes because it's more difficult to say no.
I realise I'm giving up some things and the gains are uncertain, and there'll be things I'd regret.

But I am going.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jean.Chua said...

Hey thanks girl...I'm a bundle of nerves though...

7/04/2005 4:48 AM  
Blogger coralmarine said...

All the best and enjoy!!!

7/05/2005 11:41 AM  
Blogger Jean.Chua said...

Thanks!!! I was talking to Caifeng, Xiangling over the weekend and they said we must have a big gathering soon!!!

7/06/2005 12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home