Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Snippets

Yes, my child?

Why does "good luck" usually happen when you're not looking for any?

Just when I have stopped looking for an apartment of my own, an agent calls and said he's found a great little one-bedder for me. So I trundled over to Telok Kurau on Saturday afternoon.

The unit - all 800 sq ft of it - is on the top floor of a three-storey walk-up apartment, consisting 15 households. It's next to East Shore Hospital, the famous Still Road pepper crab stall and a 15-min walk from my baby's house on East Coast Road, with all the eateries.

The lady who opened the door - a Christian who has apparently quit her job and is going to Africa to be a missionary - is clearly proud of her home coz she started showing us her pieces of furniture. I don't like Bali so I wasn't that impressed with the items, but there is so much I can do with the space.

She had knocked down the wall between two smallish rooms to create a big room with a walk-in wardrobe and a partitioned study area. The kitchen is a decent size and faces lotsa trees.

If I were to buy the unit, I would probably knock down all the wooden stuff - the built-in wardrobe, the shelves etc. - and get a brand new kitchen and bathroom. Oh, I would also install an oven.

Sheesh, how much would that cost me??????? And how sensible is it to buy the place just to knock everything down?

I likeeee!

***

"Are you hung over? I am."

Those were the first words my baby said when I answered the phone this morning...after the little session at Wala Wala's last night. No one there was in costume despite it being Halloween but we did spot a few merry-makers along Lorong Mambong dressed as Rambo and other killer rabbits.

"Uh, I'm not. I wasn't even drunk."
"Show off."
"Do not hate me just coz I can hold my booze."
"Sigh. It was a bad idea."

And that was the first time I saw my baby get drunk, even if just mildly.

***

My dog chewed up the DVDs I borrowed from Video-Ezy.

Yes, all three of them. There was nothing to say except, "We should have brought him out in the morning," after screaming "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home