Sunday, November 06, 2005

Why I don't do general news

Situation: After reading The Sunday Times
Background music: Jamiroquai

Realise that general news - we're talking about local news - always involves some guy running away with his girlfriend's or wife's money or some guy running away with his boss' money or some married guy leaving his CPF money to his girlfriend or some psycho-paedophile or some woman cheating on her husband or more commonly, some man cheating on his wife and getting stabbed by the wife or some other type of psycho doing horrible stuff to other people?

Well, I don't wanna deal with the injustice of it all and also...the more you read and deal with such stuff on a day-to-day basis, the more blase and cynical you become. It's easier to go "What's the big deal?" and become the cheating girlfriend or boyfriend coz hell, everyfreakingone is doing it! Hence, I'd rather deal with economics and trade and figures and charts and graphs. Less bloody and involves fewer drama freaks.

And don't get me started on the terrible stuff that people pass off as magazines here. "I had sex with my granddad!", "How to handle 7 men at the same time!", "I had sex with my boyfriend's granddad!"...oh, enough already, really.

I wanna make a bonfire of Her Worlds.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

Thoroughly agree. Totally hate those news. And Her World too.

11/09/2005 8:49 AM  
Blogger Jean.Chua said...

Yeah some may say it's burying your head in the sand like an ostrich but...

11/09/2005 10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home