Saturday, December 31, 2005

What I am trying to do with my life in 2006

A few weeks ago I posted a note which seemed to suggest that I don't believe in goals/resolutions. I don't, really. But I do believe in making one's life better every year, every month, every week, every day. What's the difference, you ask? If you choose the former, your life becomes a series of goalposts, a list of to-dos for the sake of it, you get stressed out to complete that list and the ends become the means (If you don't get that, you won't ever, so don't bother asking again).

So in 2006, instead of making resolutions, I'm going to have a mantra.

In 2006, I'll accept myself (even more).
I'll be more optimistic...for me and my loved ones.
I'll be fitter, stronger, happier, healthier, prettier and kinder.
I'll be more grateful for the things I have and be more content.
I won't take things for granted.

In 2006, I'll get my wardrobe into shape (the token to-do).

Have the best year ever, everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home