Thursday, November 10, 2005

Everything's rocking

I know it's a really stupid title for a post.

But like who cares.

I'm at a point where I really don't wanna be so freaking serious anymore. Yeah, in other words, uptight la.

I also refuse to put up with crap. I refuse to put up with people's funny moods and their quirks and I refuse, especially, to put up with those people's need for attention...when they act all moody and sad and cynical and want me to go to them and say "Hey, come on, cheer up" and have a two-hour conversation with them about how big their problems are and how the world doesn't understand what they are going through. Hell, we all have issues. No, wait, I have
problems. Those can be fixed. But if you've been wrestling with the same thing for years and haven't been able to fix them coz you've been doing the same thing over and over and getting yourself into a vicious cycle of ineffective behaviour, hell, then you have issues. No, honey, it's not coz you're a deeper person who thinks more than others, you just like being sad coz it's the only way you feel alive. Everybody has bad habits and yours is pain.

But I digress.

So with about 7 weeks to a new year, here's my resolution: to stop freaking trying to strive for perfection. To stop trying to have it all. To stop being something that others expect me to be.

Why? Coz perfection is just dem boring. And so is having everything.

Here's to the rest of the year and a note to those who actually have a list of to-dos: You have 52 more days to 2006. It's still not too late!

6 Comments:

Blogger TriStupe said...

it's funny really, i recaleld when i was small, my mum always say that she will not wear a mask to make everyone happy.

i guessed you got a point here, really.

11/11/2005 9:57 AM  
Blogger Jean.Chua said...

Your mum's got it right. ;)

11/11/2005 10:18 AM  
Blogger Home again said...

Hello! Posting here so it's easier for you to read.

Feeling any anxiety now that 21 Nov is near?

And ever since I read about how calm D and you are when it comes to settling differences, I am thriving there too. how fortunate you two have such a great relationship without too much hard work. That's what they mean by, meant to be.

11/12/2005 3:42 AM  
Blogger Jean.Chua said...

hey, Rita. Yeah it's been great...but I'm not going to take it for granted. :) I mean, I hope it's going to be like that for a long time, but it might not be, so.....:)

11/13/2005 2:25 PM  
Blogger Jean.Chua said...

As for anxiety, not really, to be honest...my attitude is: it's a new beginning, I get to explore my options. I am looking forward to it...

11/13/2005 2:27 PM  
Blogger Jean.Chua said...

Hey Ju! I am doing well...you? I'm not against goals and standards. I'm against goals and standards being all there is to life, and the ends, not the means. Most of these end up being meaningless if you don't enjoy it.

11/13/2005 2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home