Tuesday, March 29, 2005

A touching exchange

Hi XXX,
I'm going to Indochina on assignment - with the PM - from tomorrow morning till Thu night, so I won't be around on your last day.

Just wanna thank you for your patience, guidance and advice; I really really enjoyed working with you...though the early days were quite stressful, I must say!
You are a great editor....

So please stay in touch, and when you settle in, we shall schmooze at Harry's Bar.
All the best!
Jean
...
Hi Jean,
Thanks for your kind message. It was indeed a joy working with you too. Actually I should thank you for making it easy for me. You have great potential and you will do very well. I wish I could have done more for people like you.

Anyway, hope everything goes well with you in XXX. But remember, its not always about work - it's the people, the fun, the friendships that count.
If you don't have that, then the job is not important.

Ya, come by to PennyBlack/Harry's and we will catch up on the gossip. I'll make u a cuppa.
All the best and cheers,
The former news editor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home