Thursday, March 17, 2005

Where I spend my days


My second home 03.05

Here is where I spend most of my waking hours working, daydreaming, hating, loving, laughing, tearing (no crying allowed), eating, trying to stay awake, blogging, plotting, planning, scheming, agonising, and generally getting to know myself.

As you can see, I can practically live there. You can see the pillow on my chair, which I use as a back support and is, believe me, the best little thing I've done for myself at the office since I joined in June '04. What you cannot see are my running shoes, my towels and toiletries. Yes, I can shower and sleep here. I've even got a toothbrush and toothpaste. shucks.

Other assorted items on my desk - multivitamins, jazz CDs, Skippy peanut butter, books that are nice to look at but don't say very much, a very nice message from inside a fortune cookie, a little picture from Wendy in Japan, and too many different types of chocolates. The teddy bear on the shelf on the left - (s)he is holding a Standard Chartered Sevens rugby ball - is a gift from a colleague, who said "Since my daughter is not here for me to give this to her, you can have it." sweet. The board with postcard ads of movies is a hand-me-down from Andrea, who left us a couple of weeks ago to join a wire service. The calendar on top of my termy is from Reuters, as is the rear view mirror, which I use to look out for editors walking in this direction as I chat on MSN during the down times.

The only thing I need now is a potted plant.

3 Comments:

Blogger La Nuage said...

i like the idea of a rear view mirror. I should get one too!

3/17/2005 9:32 PM  
Blogger Abigael said...

You know that rearview mirror is good for feng shui too? It reflects/deflects/prevents backstabs. Keep it prominent!

3/18/2005 3:02 AM  
Blogger Jean.Chua said...

Hey you both...yeap, it's turning out to be more useful that I thought it would be.

3/18/2005 3:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home